Car Accident Lawyer in California
If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to get immediate medical help and then contact an attorney. We know this is a scary time and we can help you through every step of the process. Our lawyers have recovered millions in personal injury and wrongful death cases including car accidents. We are available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call (866) LAW-1114 to arrange a free case evaluation.
How Soon After My Car Accident Should I Call an Attorney?
If you were injured in a car, motorcycle, or other vehicle crash, you should consult a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The attorneys at Injury Legal Firm are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (866) LAW-1114.
Valuable evidence that can be used to prove liability and damages may become unavailable within days of your accident. Our lawyers will perform an immediate investigation into the cause of your car accident or motorcycle accident. We will identify all potentially liable parties, handle correspondence with the defendant and insurance company, calculate your damages, and help you avoid critical mistakes.
There are also strict deadlines for filing personal injury and car accident lawsuits. If the deadline passes, your case will almost certainly be dismissed. It is important to contact a boat accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm Today to See How We Can Help You!
The path to a fair settlement is riddled with legal hurdles that can be difficult to overcome without the guidance of a personal injury attorney with experience in injuries from car and motorcycle accidents. The lawyers at Injury Legal Firm provide aggressive legal representation to victims of personal injury and car accidents throughout California.
We are well-versed in the laws that govern car and motorcycle accident claims, and we will use our extensive knowledge and resources to help you fight for the highest possible compensation. Call us today at (866) LAW-1114 or contact us to schedule a free case assessment.
What if I am nervous about contacting an attorney? What else can I do?
There is no real substitution for good legal advice. A good personal injury lawyer in California knows how much your case is worth, knows the negotiating techniques of the insurance companies, and can get you full compensation. We hope you contact us as we would love to help you. In the meantime, please follow the following steps:
- Do Not Panic.
- Do not move your vehicle. Unless you are in danger, it is best not to move your car until the police arrive. The police record the locations of the cars. This is extremely important to any future case.
- Police Report. File a car accident report with the police. Do not leave the scene until the police report is complete. Do not admit fault or liability: Stay neutral, and limit your discussion. Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law.
- Picture. Take pictures with your phone. Pictures are worth a thousand words and oftentimes, the only time to capture the best evidence of the crash is at the scene of the accident.
- Witnesses. Get names, address, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident, including witnesses. We know this might be nerve wracking but it is the best way to preserve evidence and corroborate your story. Most people are really kind and don’t mind offering a statement to help someone who has been hurt.
- Be your own investigator. Record information such as weather conditions, date, and time of the accident. Secure a description of the other car and license plate number. You also need the name of the insurance company of the other driver and the vehicle identification number of the car. The police can assist you with gathering this information. It should make it to the police report.
- Call your insurance company. Ask if there are any deadlines for filing claims. Do not cooperate with the insurance company. Just file the claim. Do not accept a settlement before you speak to an attorney, do not sign anything, and contact us immediately.
- Call a Personal Injury Attorney. If you are injured, an experienced car accident lawyer can assist you with such things as preserving the evidence you may need to prove your case. We do all the work for you while you focus on treating and healing.