Washington DCPersonal Injury Law Firm
Washington, DC 20005
Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, be it reckless or intentional? Have you lost a loved one due to someone else’s bad or negligent conduct? Do you need help bringing a lawsuit or a wrongful death claim to court to get legal justice. The injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Carissa Kranz have a real passion for justice and aggressively fight for the rights of injured victims. Our team of caring and experienced Washington DC personal injury lawyers are results driven. Settlements and verdicts are won daily to compensate our clients for their losses.
Personal Injury Defined
Personal injury is the legal term given to bodily harm, and it is an area of law. Some examples of personal injury claims include a rear end car accident where you experience whiplash neck and back pain, or a slip and fall where you fractured your wrist and broke your elbow, and needed surgery, or an accident or fall that happened due to the negligence of another or a hazardous condition that caused a traumatic brain injury or even death. Premises liability claims are a type of personal injury claim because such cases often involve injuries sustained because of another’s negligence or failure to provide the injured party with a reasonable standard of care. Personal injury cases can also involve intentional harm, such as nursing home abuse. Seniors who experience mistreatment at a nursing home or assisted living facility may be entitled to compensation for bedsores, infections, physical abuse, and other injuries. Other common injury cases stem from accidents occurring at the workplace. Workers injured on the job may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits to cover their medical expenses and lost wages, and may also have a valid lawsuit.
The most tragic personal injury cases involve when an individual dies as a result of the negligence, recklessness, or intention misconduct of another. Injuries resulting in death may be grounds for a valid wrongful death claim. An experienced DC injury lawyer will be able to assist you in the event you wish to pursue a legal wrongful death action, irrespective of the type of injury you have suffered.
Elements for Personal Injury Claims:
- Injury — Someone must suffer injury in an accident by an act of negligence. If you simply suffered a minor bruise that heals the next day, that is not a legal injury for which financial damages for injury pain and suffering may be collected.
- Liability — The injury must be caused by the negligence of another. Another party must be legally liable for your injuries. Liability is determined based on duty. There must be something that this entity or individual was legally required to do (or not to do) and their failure to do so caused your injury.
- Duty (or “duty of care”) — A person or legal entity is required to act toward others and the public with “watchfulness, attention, caution, and prudence with reasonableness.” If a liable party’s actions fail to meet their legal standard of duty, then negligence and damages may be claimed by the injured party. Your Washington DC injury lawyer can advise you further in your free consultation whether or not there was a legal duty that was breached.
- Damages — The amount of money a plaintiff, injured victim, may collect in a lawsuit. Damages must be ascertainable and quantifiable. Medical bills, liens, lost wages, pain and suffering, future suffering, future medical bills, future loss of earning capacity. When you speak with your DC injury lawyer, ask about damages to better understand what your case may be worth. Case value is an important thing to know and understand as you pursue a legal matter. Damages typically fall into two categories: actual damages and punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded in cases of bad faith to punish the conduct of a liable party and often used in cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
Experienced DC Personal Injury Lawyers
It is important for you to speak with an experienced DC personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to protect your rights. If you speak with an insurance company before a lawyer you risk compromising your compensation rights. It is an insurance adjusters job to contact injured victims immediately following accidents to assign fault to the victim or get the victim to quickly accept a low ball settlement to minimize the insurance companies risk, pay out and ultimate financial exposure. Insurance adjusters are not on your side. They work for the insurance company and are hired to find reasons why the insurance company should not or does not need to pay. It is an insurance adjuster’s job to offer you the least amount of compensation possible to make your claim go away. If you accept an offer, usually far below the true value of the harms and losses you have suffered, you must sign a release. That release can limit your ability to seek further compensation for your injuries, under the direction and advice of an injury law attorney expert.
While it is the insurance adjusters job to make the claim go away cheap, it is our job to make the claim expensive for the insurance company to litigate so they pay more in order to make the claim go away for themselves before they risk bad faith exposure and a hefty jury verdict.
You need an experienced DC injury lawyer who can effectively investigate your accident and injury claim, preserve your evidence, and advise you what to do to maximize recovery. Fair settlements for Plaintiffs and favourable verdicts are reached with experts, discovery, and a well crafted legal case. Seasoned personal injury lawyers can understand and discuss medical diagnosis in terms of the law better than a doctor can. A doctor can discuss your diagnosis and treatment options but only an injury lawyer really understands what that diagnosis and prognosis mean in the eyes of the law and how that translates into dollars and compensation for you. Another advantage to a skilled DC injury lawyer on your team is the relief of knowing that you have an injury lawyer on your side who will manage and deal with the bullying insurance agents and adjusters so you do not have to. You can trust your DC injury lawyer can take on the largest insurance companies in America, discuss medical diagnosis and records, and competently fight for your rights as an injured accident victim. Contact the Law Offices of Carissa Kranz and a dedicated personal injury attorney will know how to advise which options are in your best interest so you have the strongest case for court.
The Best DC Injury Lawyer
When you have been wronged by another in a way that results in harm to you, whether physical or financial, you want justice and the best lawyers on your team. How do you know who is the “best DC injury lawyer near me“? Everyone wants “the best injury lawyer in DC” to represent them. The Law Offices of Carissa Kranz has the best lawyers who will work and fight for you until you get the justice you deserve. Our lawyers make you feel taken care of and that you and your case matter. The law is very broad, and different lawyers have varying experience handling different kinds of cases, so what is most important is that you get a lawyer who specializes in personal injury law. For instance, a lawyer who handles civil rights cases may not have sophisticated experience with car accident cases, just like a heart surgeon, while smart, should not perform brain surgery.
DC Personal Injury cases our lawyers handle:
- DC car accident law
- DC slip and fall law
- DC wrongful death law
- DC motorcycle accident law
- DC bicycle accident law
- DC truck accident law
- DC dog bite law
- DC Uber accident law
- DC Lyft Accident law
- DC Taxi accident law
- DC train accident law
If you’ve been injured in an accident or if you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another contact the injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Carissa Kranz today for your free personal injury case consultation. If you’re in the hospital or at home healing from your injuries, we can also come to you. You do not pay us anything unless we win a recovery for you. That is our no win, no fee guarantee.