Dangerous property conditions cause accidents. Slip & fall and trip & fall accidents occur when a property or business owner fails to reasonably inspect or maintain a premises, including interiors and exteriors, or creates a hazardous condition and does nothing to fix it. Likewise, a needless accident can also result from a landowner failing to warn of a danger he or she should have known about.
What you should do if you are injured in a slip & fall or trip & fall accidents?
- Pictures. The evidence of the condition that caused the injury often quickly disappears. The spill gets cleaned up, the stairs are repaired, or the hazardous condition disappears. If you are injured by tripping or slipping and falling, try to get photographs of the scene with a camera phone if you have one.
- Witnesses. Write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses, and any physical evidence. A witness can save a case when it’s your word against theirs.
- Call Police. Make sure you get an incident report documenting the incident immediately so there is proof and evidence that the injury occurred.
- Medical treatment. Make sure you treat the injury immediately.
- Attorney. We can help you get the money you need to pay for your necessary medical treatment, pain and suffering, and give you what you deserve to move forward with your life.
- Grocery store spills
- Dropped food and spills in restaurants, including fast-food and convenience stores
- Slippery or wet floors, stairs or sidewalks
- Slippery floor-cleaning products
- Missing handrails
- Broken or uneven steps or stairs
- Garbage spills
- Poor drainage
- Puddles, rain, ice or snow
- Swimming pool accidents
- Cracked or uneven pavement, sidewalks or flooring
- Torn or uneven carpeting
- Cracked, uneven or poorly repaired sidewalks or passages
- Electrical wiring
- Negligent construction work
- Inadequate or dim lighting
- Failure to warn of hazards
Premise Liability accidents can occur almost anywhere you go, including:
- Malls and shopping centers
- Restaurants and bars
- Fast food restaurants
- Coffee shops
- Parkings lots
- Apartment buildings
Are slip and fall injuries serious?
Falls can cause serious injuries, including badly broken bones in the wrist, arm, leg, foot or spine. Falls are the leading cause of traumatic head injuries each year. Falls cause half of all traumatic brain injuries in children ages 14 and younger and more than 60 percent of brain injuries in adults ages 65 and older. Older adults are also particularly at risk for a spinal injury during a fall, with 25 percent of spinal cord injuries resulting from falls. Falls are the leading cause of spinal injuries in adults older than 65.
Contact us and we will give your case the attention it deserves.